|From one of two Brooklyn News 12 coverage reports that night|
• PRESS RELEASE- Citizens Demand Brooklyn Borough Board Postpone Critical Vote on Future of Brooklyn Heights Library- A Call for Transparency, Full Investigation of BPL Hoaxes & Bid-Rigging - Monday, February 29, 2016The letter delivered to Brooklyn Borough President Adams is here:
• Monday, February 29, 2016, Letter to Borough President Eric Adams Requesting Insistence on Transparency and Full Investigation Into Cooked Books and Rigged Bidding Before Calendaring Brooklyn Borough Board Vote On Brooklyn Heights LibraryThe media advisory noticing the event is here:
• MEDIA ADVISORY- Citizens Demand Brooklyn Borough Board Postpone Critical Vote on Future of Brooklyn Heights Library- A Call for Transparency, Full Investigation of BPL Hoaxes & Bid-Rigging, Sunday, February 28, 2016Here is a link to a 8.5 minute special downloadable March 1st radio report on the press conference by WBAI reporter Mitchel Cohen who has already produced several other radio reports on the library sales aired by WBAI:
|LINK TO DOWNLOAD special 8.5 minute March 1st radio report on the press conference by WBAI reporter Mitchel Cohen|
We are looking for better photos when the entire crowd had arrived. Please send if you have them.
• Brooklyn Daily Eagle: Group files federal complaint over sale of Brooklyn Heights Library- Borough Board to vote on issue Tuesday night, By Mary Frost, March 1, 2016
• The Jewish Voice: Activists: Bklyn Public Library Sitting on $100M Despite Crying Poverty, by Guy Malone, March 2, 2016
• The Home Reporter/The Brooklyn Spectator: Sale of Brooklyn Heights library to impact Sunset branch, by Jaime DeJesus, March 7, 2016.For more Brooklyn Eagle reporting on the rally and on the vote see:
• The Home Reporter/The Brooklyn Spectator: Star of Brooklyn: Christopher Robles, By Christopher Malone, March 7, 2016.
Robles has been a strong voice in the battle against the development at the Sunset Park library.
• Brooklyn Heights Press & Brooklyn Daily Eagle: Borough Board approves sale of Brooklyn Heights Library- BP Eric Adams votes in favor of sale, By Mary Frost, March 2, 2016.For a report on the vote the next day as well as coverage see:
• Report on March 1, 2016 Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams & Brooklyn Borough Board Vote On Selling and Drastically Shrinking Brooklyn Heights Central Destination Downtown Library
|Laurie Frey of Love Brooklyn Libraries|
|From evening's second Brooklyn News 12 report|
|From Brooklyn News 12 report: Eric Adams at Borough Hall as we rallied outside about the library.|
|Picture from Home Reporter coverage.|